CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Swiss Days 10k


Another race down, but this one's a secret. I waited until the last minute to sign up. I'm not even supposed to be running right now. But...after staying home and feeling sorry for myself after having to miss the Hobble Creek Half, I just couldn't resist.

It was a super cold morning. By the time I got up to Heber, it was a chilly 44 degrees - burrr!! I'm just glad I had my extra long-sleeve shirt in the car with me.

My iPod was ready to go. I'd personally picked out my playlist just for my run.

We were off right at 7 a.m. It was a beautiful course. I'd guess around 300-350 people showed up for it.

Overally I came in 30th, and placed 3rd (or possibly 2nd) in my age group. There they told me 3rd but online it says 2nd, so who knows. All I know is I beat my best time by 4 minutes. This time I ran in 50.14 - that's an 8.05 min/mile which is my best yet!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Becky said...

You are awesome! I wish I could run even one mile at an 8 minute pace. Keep it up! I am totally inspired by your blog. I wish I had your legs!

Kris and BJ said...

LOOK at those LEGS!!! you are awesome. You will have to be my trainer Next year!! I am so proud of you
Love ya
Kris