CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Kris' Surprise 30th Bday Party!

Well, we pulled it off. I'm not exactly sure how we did it, but we did. Beej had been talking to me about this party for weeks, it wasn't until a week ago that he finally sent me the "hot list" of who to invite. I quickly sent out email invitations and followed-up with phone calls to make sure everyone knew about the party. Originally BJ and Kris were supposed to be in Florida for a business trip. That didn't pan out, so we had to get creative. Instead, they went up to Park City for the night and came back the evening of the party. Fortunately (and I'm not quite sure how) Kris didn't catch on to the party. We tried several times unintentionally to give it away. BJ and I had been texting back and forth about the party. Kris was snooping around on his phone wondering who She-ra (his "name" for me) was. Before she could read the texts, he deleted them. Then, cute Kathy (her mom) called me one evening to see if I'd gotten the pictures for the slideshow. Kris was sitting right next to me when Kathy called. She looked at me in panic, "Is that my mom?" Kathy had never called me before. Kris thought that since she'd forgotten her phone that her mom was trying to track her down. Numerous things like that happened leading up to the party, but each time we dodged the obvious. BJ wanted to do something extra special for Kris on her 30th, and I'm just thankful I could be a part of it. It was a great night. BJ counted as many as 44 adults and who knows how many kids. We had enough food and fun for everyone. Sheena, Sara, Emily, and I rapped "I want to be like Kristalyn C" for Kris to the tune of "We like the cars - the cars that go boom" by L'Trimm. I'm sure only a few of you out there know that song. Then BJ had a extra special version of "Nice Nice Baby So Old So Old" prepared for Kris. She had to sit on the hot-seat while he rapped away. I'm still hoping to get the video uploaded to the blog. It's something everyone should see at least once. He did a great job and the lyrics were hilarious. He missed his calling as a white rapper - that's for sure. We love our cute friends the Chandlers, and we are so thankful her party was memorable! Love you guys!!!

0 comments: