CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Freedom Run 10k

Yesterday LuAnn and I ran in the Freedom Run 10k in Provo. It was my first "official" 10k (6.2 miles). I've run 6 miles several times before, so I just had to tell myself I was out for one of my normal runs. It felt amazing. So far it's probably one of my very favorite runs. It started early (7 a.m.), so it was still cool. It was mostly in the shade, and it followed the parade route. There were tons of people along the route anxiously awaiting the parade, and they cheered us all on.

We fell around the middle of the pack. The top finishers came in under 40 minutes. Crazy. We came in just over 58 minutes.

My Race Results:

Bib: 4384
Age Division: 35-39
Chip Time: 58.17
Clock Time: 59.28
Overall Placed: 624 (out of around
1500 10k runners)
Overall Placed in Age Division: 44
Total Pace: 5.50/k

I will definitely do this run again. I'm hoping by next year I'll knock off a few minutes. If 623 other people can do it, so can I!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Angie said...

You go girl! I am so impressed with this fitness-chick of a friend. Any chance you are doing the Provo 1/2 marathon in August? Hope all is well with you and your cute fam!

Kelly Louder said...

Wow Jenny! That is awesome. I am trying to get myself to do a 5k. But I haven't ran in a long time and I'm too lazy to get back into it. Maybe when I do, I'll come join you.