CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner

The activities committee at the church had a fun idea. Each family had to meet at the church at 6 p.m. to pick up our "secret location". It wasn't until we got to the house that we new who the hosts were and who we were eating with. The Barnetts' hosted our dinner, and the Millers joined us too. It was a lot of fun. We found out that Bryce loves to cook, and he'd prepared yummy Chicken and Steak Fajitas. The Millers and us were supposed to bring a side dish. We'd gotten our food assignments earlier in the week. I'd printed off the recipe I wanted to make and was set. Then yesterday came around. I didn't feel like cooking at all. Dinner was promptly at 6 p.m., and at 5 I started to prepare my dish. I was supposed to bring Rice and Beans. I boiled the water and added the brown rice - then realized I was supposed to let it cook for 45 minutes. There was no way I'd have enough time. So I left the rice on the stove, grabbed Kota, and we headed to Bajio (a local favorite) to pick up a tub of Mexican Rice and a tub of Black Beans. After dropping Dakota off at Grandma and Grandpa's for a fun playdate with the cousins, I rushed home to put my "bought" Rice and Beans in dishes. I couldn't keep the secret though and fessed up right away at dinner. The meal was great. After dinner we headed back to the church for "once in a lifetime" entertainment - thank goodness it was once in a lifetime, because this Elvis impersonator honestly was not that great. The AV wasn't working just right, and his jokes just weren't that funny. the same it was fun to be with friends, and we still had a great evening.


0 comments: