CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 17, 2008

I'm a Skater Music Junkie

and I'm finally willing to admit it. I'm not sure why or when I really started to like this kind-of music. It started I think before Christmas. Now I can't stop. I've picked up more cd's in the last two months than I think I have in the last 15 years. For years I've fought off Greg's "new" music. I liked the 80's - the standards. You know - Boingo, Mode, anything from "my" generation. Greg would play me his music, and I'd tune it out. I just wanted to hear stuff I already knew. Stuff I knew word for word.
Now, I'm addicted to a whole new type of music. It totally energizes me, and I'm forever seeking out unknown bands that have that same "sound". I take it on my iPod every day to the gym - it gets me through my workouts and motivates me. I have it cranked when I'm getting ready in the morning and all day when I'm working. Some of it is better than others, and the questionable stuff I speed right through or delete. BJ thinks I'm a "tween" all over again, and Greg calls me a "skater". I used to fight it, but not anymore. Some people like rock. Others like classical. Some like pop. I just happen to like this funky, young, skater music. Oh-well. Call it a mid-life crisis. Who knows!

0 comments: