CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Happy Early Mother's Day to Me

Is it Mother's Day yet? Oh, I thought it was. Happy Mother's Day to me. I finally came clean with Greg a couple of days ago and let him know that I'd bought myself an early Mother's Day present. He told me he'd already regripped his golf clubs for his birthday which is coming up next week, so I asked if he'd bought me a Mother's Day present yet. With Mother's Day being nearly 2 months away, he thought I was joking. That's when I fessed up.

What did I feel the need to get for myself? Well, last week Kim let Emily and I borrow her Garmin watch for our 5k. Did I mention how handy it was? It was the best tool ever for the race. We were able to manage our pace, know our distance and our time. With just a quick glance at my wrist, I knew exactly where we were at, if we needed to speed up, if we needed to slow down, or if we were on the home stretch.

Since I'll soon be moving from the treadmill to outside, my new watch will come in handy. One thing I've enjoyed about the treadmill is that it keeps me at a steady pace. My watch will help keep me on track, and I can't wait to test it!

Thank you Kim for letting me "test-drive" your's and Sheena for putting the bug in my ear in the first place! It will definitely come in handy!

0 comments: